Follow these super easy simple steps:
Step 1: Measure Your Head
You can either use a soft tape measure or a long string and a retractable tape measure. Have someone hold the tape or string. It makes the process easier but you can do it on your own.
- Place the tape or string around your head about 1/8” above the top of the ears and across the mid-forehead (usually about half an inch above the eyebrows) so that you completely circle your head.
- Be sure to hold the tape or string firmly but not too tightly. This is not tourniquet tight. Leave some wiggle room as tight fitting hats can cause headaches.
- Hold your forefinger against the tape measure or string where it comes around to meet the end. Check the measurement of the tape and write it down in inches.
- If you’re using a string, place a mark on it, then lay it out flat alongside the measuring tape and write down the inches.
- Follow the general rule – “measure twice, cut once.” Or in this instance, I make the hat once.
Step 2: Calculate Your Hat Size
- Most of my hats have specific sizes while others are Small, Medium, Large or XLarge. Once you’ve measured the circumference of your head, correspond the measurement to the hat sizing chart. Should you fall between sizes, choose the next largest size.
- If you need assistance on selecting the right size, give me a call at 262-949-1330.